April 2016 Gourmet Fair in SM North Edsa

Monday, April 25, 2016


In my last post, I mentioned a Gourmet Fair that my friends and I stumbled upon before separating ways. We didn't stay there for long, so I don't have full details for every stall. But I'll be doing my best to deliberate each one. :)



Beside "Sugar Jars" was a stall named "Whisk" that sold spreads, seasonings, and jams. The bottles with the "Zin" on them took my attention, because they offered Sea Salt!! You have no idea how many recipes I've wanted to try cooking that contained Sea Salt; and I didn't try any of them, because I couldn't find Sea Salt in the supermarkets I go to. 

At long last, I now have an idea where to order some!



Sugar Jars basically offers sweet goods in a jar, and majority are Red Velvet cookies. In my opinion, their products are most appropriate for the Christmas season. :)

Sugar Jars: https://www.facebook.com/sugarjars/


This is the Sweet Best stall. They offer the usual delicacies such as Yemas, Putoflans (Puto + Lecheflan), Crinkles, and alike. I think their specialty is their Putoflan. :)




Maexel specializes with their Chicha Bites, which are basically Chicharons. Other products they offer are nuts, and chips. I couldn't find an online shop of theirs, but it seems that they have a main branch located in Cebu. No doubt about it though, since Cebu's pretty much the home of Lechons and Chicharons.





My Cookie Lab offers Cookies with different fillings. What amused me was how they named one of their cookies "Dark Vader". Haha!





Allis' Cassava Cakes offers regular Cassava Cakes, and Ube Cassava Cakes. Basing from their free taste, they were great! I actually wanted to buy, but I was short on money. Haha! If you're interested, they have a branch in Quezon City.



I wasn't able to have a good look at the Deli Master, since lots of people were there; but look at how they presented their meat! Yes, Meat! At first, I thought they were cakes or some new form of Banana Bread, but they were unexpectedly Meat. Haha!




Ravishing sight, isn't it? :>




Now, I don't think Bravo is still a foreign brand for most people, since they're in some local groceries. Most Bravo products are Spreads, and they're pretty good. Spread it on bread, place a piece of Lettuce maybe, then toast it. You'll get a pretty satisfying snack. :)







The Custaroonery's specialty is a pastry that is a combination of Custard and Macaroon. We were given free tastes as well, and they were heavenly! But yet again, I couldn't buy a box because I was short on cash back then. HAHA try it for me, guys! They're delicious!

Gigi Gaerlan Custaroonery: http://www.custaroons.com/home.html







Chef Rene offers desserts similar to mini cakes. In the Gourmet Fair, they also had Lechon displayed. I'm not sure if it's really theirs, but it was on their table, so.. haha!



Frost & Fill's specialties are their Putoflan, and Creamy Leche Flan; and get this, they've been featured in Kris TV. :)

Frost & Fill Pastry: https://www.facebook.com/FROST-FILL-Pastry-172595166204122/


Momilo Mio offers a variety, but their specialty is their Cheezee Cheese Pie.




And here's a stall that offered Chocolates. Different sorts of them, and there were some that held fun statements. They were very tempting to buy, haha!


And that ends the Gourmet Fair we encountered! Lots of great finds here, and I can't wait to go to another one again.

'till my next post! :)









You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe