Saint Peter-- Taiwanese Nougat Cake

Tuesday, May 10, 2016


So lately, my sister's husband went to Taiwan for a business trip and he brought us back a box of Saint Peter's Nougat Cake. You might think you have a clue as to how this tastes and feels in your mouth, but I have a huge feeling that it won't be as how you expect it to be.


Saint Peter is a Taiwanese Bakery or Cafe. As far as I know, it's a new brand; and its branch/es is/ are only situated in Taiwan for now.
I've heard that Nougats, and pastries alike are very famous in Taiwan; and they're usually bought as souvenirs.



It's sold by box, and here's how it looks!
I actually love the box. Aside from how clean it looks, it's pretty easy to bring with the string attached to it.


The packaging.



How it looks.


It would be pretty useless to plainly tell you that it's "good", so I'll try describing the experience for you guys!


It actually smells like a milkier version of Monde Special Mamon cakes. The darker part of the nougat has the same texture of a biscuit. It's as if it crumbles less, though; because while I was chewing the whole thing, I didn't feel breadcrumbs as much as chewing a regular biscuit.

Now, the filling is surely the best part! Imagine the flavor of Salted Caramel or Sweet Coffee in a cream-filling that's chewy. Yes, chewy! It's the plot twist of the whole thing. *drools* I'd compare its texture to food that's similar, but unfortunately/ fortunately, I haven't tasted anything alike.


So if by any chance you get to go to Taiwan or you have a relative/ friend who's vacationing in Taiwan, I hope you take the opportunity to buy/ ask for some Saint Peter Nougat Cakes! They're really good. Plus, it's bite-sized which makes it more addicting. I actually everything in the box for only a day or two. Hihi,

Hope you enjoy this one! 'till my next post!





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe