Gourmand in November, Bonifacio Global City

Saturday, December 12, 2015


Quoting my caption in Instagram: 
Imagine being in Bora but the food stalls, and stores offered unique products ranging from edible cookie doughs to porkchettas to paella negras. That's Gourmand.

And hello once again, guys! I am back to blogging after hell-composed months!

I've got numbers of stalls in store for you in this post, so get ready. :>

This is a photo-heavy post, guys!

First and foremost, I'd like to apologize for taking such a long time to blog again. I've went through hell in school with all the 3d work, pitches, designing, prototyping, and coding. Deadlines were every week (mostly even everyday), and I'm not even exaggerating. So guys, please don't mention those words to me, because they remind me of all the pain I went through just for last term. Lol, kidding! But on the bright side of things, while I was running on steaming coals, and reviewing for quizzes and exams, I spotted a Harry Styles look-a-like who was just my type!

Well, he doesn't look like Harry Styles. He just has his style. Which is why my friends call him by the code name: Harry-the-Style. Geniuses my friends are, aye? So I thank that long-haired dude for the tickling motivation that got me through finals!


Now, let's head on to the Bora in Boni! Gourmand was held at Bonifacio Global Center. Specifically, in the area of C1 and C2 in Highstreet.  I personally loved Gourmand, and I'd love to visit more events like it. Stalls were set up outdoors, and people could eat on benches and could pretend as if the whole thing was some sort of picnic! It was like an outdoor mall that composed primarily of food. Four thumbs up for the user experience, right?



There were numbers of stalls there, and as I can recall, they all have instagram accounts; or atleast most of them. Some of them probably even started off as an online store. Well, how ever they started off, these entrepreneurs are good! The food they offered were unique, and were of excellent quality.

No. Not 'unique', actually. I think the proper term would be 'unusual'. You know, food that aren't meant to be eaten everyday such as Paella, Angus Beef, Gelato, and more food alike; and imagine them being cooked excellently that the meat would turn out so soft, and that the desserts would be creamier than usual that it's almost 'velvety' in texture. 
That, my friends, is how the food in Gourmand was. 

Informal, yes; but the food tasted absolutely blessed.


Now, you guys know that I can't tell you how the food in each and every stall was, right? I've tasted food from few stalls only; and it was either I bought my dinner there, or they offered free tastes. Teehee, gotta love free tastes. So yep, time to take you on the Gourmand tour!




The first food stall we saw was NawwTy's. The stall had two parts: the drinks and the meals. They only offered Juices for the drinks. Pretty healthy ones too! They had flavors such as: Watermelon Mint, Cucumber Apple, Pineapple Orange, Citrus Basil Tea, and Peach Cooler. I bought the Cucumber Apple, because the guy said it was their best seller. I'm up and truly interested in healthy, organic food, but I think I shouldn't have followed his suggestion because it wasn't my cup of tea, lol. I should have had the Peach Cooler instead, because the flavor tasted as it is. Cucumber + Apple. No sugar added. No extra, unconnected flavors included. Plainly Cucumber and Apple.

Flavor accuracy = check.
Healthy and organic = check.
The flavor for me = cross.

Anyway, it was served on a transparent, plastic cup; and you get to choose your choice of color with the striped straws. Yay!







NawwTy's also offered meals. This is actually where my mom and I bought our food for dinner. The stall offered Paella Negra, Paella Valenciana (the yellow-orange one), Crab Fat PaellaRoast Pork Tenderloin, Stuffed Turkey, and more. We ordered the Paella Negra, and their Callos, and they tasted goooood. The Paella had some kind of white sauce on it when it was served. We're guessing it was Coconut Cream or Coconut Milk. My mom and I loved it!

You can check out NawwTy's here:


Jamfoods & Co. offered Angus Rib Eyes, Angus Beef Tapa, Angus Beef Salpicao, and more Angus Beef. 
Lots of people visited their stall. I was one of them, actually! I even planned on ordering the Rib Eyes, but I was so full with all I've eaten already that I wasn't able to buy anymore. Plus, they didn't have free tastes, so no duck. :(

You can check them out in their Facebook accounthttps://www.facebook.com/jamfoods.angustapa


The Bellini Bar offered alchoholic drinks; and they're not your typical Vodka, and Gin and Tonic. They had flavors called: Wallbanger, Pink Panther, Tiny Dancer, Vodka Gummy Bears, and more. Creativity, yo! Though, I have no idea if it's been used before or it's already usual since, well, I don't know a thing or two with alchohol because I don't drink. Teehee, but here's a link to their Instagram account, to give you more of a heads up: https://www.instagram.com/thebellinibar/


There was also The Crazy Cook that was jam-packed with customers! I heard that the food was great, and that the owner, and Crazy Cook itself, has a catering business in Davao. They offer food as crazy as: Green Curry Meatballs, Tender Meatballs and Spicy Coconut Curry, their famous Balbacua, and more. Balbacua is a stew that's primarily composed of an Oxtail. Mmm!

Check them out in their Instagram account: https://www.instagram.com/thecrazycook_ph/




Then there's the Chorizo of Cebu PH. As obvious as it is, they offer food that mainly has Chorizos. I didn't order from them, because I wasn't a fan of Chorizos. But when the guy was cooking other people's orders, it smelt so good that it even made me think twice. I'm not so familiar with their menu, but here are their online accounts. Check them out!






Now, Phat Boys seemed like the people's favorite. Why wouldn't it be, though? They make ice cream sandwiches with cookies as your buns. AND there's a variety of flavors with different toppings. I have friends who've tried this, and they thought it was awesome! I wasn't able to try their food, but just looking at them literally salivates me. So guys, if you happen to drop by Gourmand some other time or if you're able to pass by a stall of their's by chance: please do try some for me, for you, and for the betterment of our lives. Haha!

Here's their Facebook account: https://www.facebook.com/phatboysph


Here's Sevilla & Sons, and an irrelevant photo of them. Huhu, I'm so sorry I wasn't able to take a photo of their food, considering how famous they were. Like Phat Boys, this stall also had lots of people ordering from them. I had the chance to get a free taste, and the Sausage was good. No hogwash here. It truly tasted great. To give you an idea as to how they're served, here's a photo I grabbed from their facebook page (credits to whoever took this!):


Craving for it yet? I am! :(
In addition, as far as I know, they also sell their sausages in its raw state. :)

Here's their Facebook account: https://www.facebook.com/SevillaSausages



This is Gustare. They offer homey food, and desserts. I didn't focus on them as much, but seeing their products online made me regret my lack of attention to them. Next Gourmand, Sam. Next Gourmand.

Check them out:



And here's Milkman Dairy Bar! I've known them even before attending Gourmand, because one of their posts in Instagram showed up in my 'explore' feed; and upon reading "Edible Cookie Dough", how can I not check them out? Basically, they only have two products: Edible Cookie Dough, and Cereal Milk.
Their Cookie Dough doesn't contain any eggs, which makes them pretty safe to eat. As for their Cereal Milk... let me semi-quote what the kuya said: "Imagine having Cornflakes Cereal for breakfast, and then you've finished eating the Cereal. The remaining milk in your bowl that you sip until the very last drop is how our Cereal Milk tastes like". Well, that's for their original flavor. Their products have different flavors too. The best seller for their Edible Cookie Dough is the Nutella and Smores.

I actually bought one of both their products.



The photos were taken at my house. That's not in BGC, haha!

So anyway, I loved them both! However, I wouldn't eat the Edible Cookie Dough everyday; but the Cereal Milk? Holy Cow, yes!! (please get the pun huhu)

See more of them here:

Also, the people I talked to in their booth were super nice! Really friendly faces, so don't hesitate to ring them up sometime, if you want! :)


Before I continue, let me insert this. This was what my mom and I ordered from NawwTy's. Their Paella Negra, and their Callos. They were delish. I craved for more that day.
The sushi wasn't from NawwTy's. I can't remember what stall it was from, but it was good as well. It's made of Salmon! :)




La Taquera Amiga Mia was the only stall I saw that offered Mexican food. I ordered Quesadillas there, and they tasted amazingly. My mom took a bite from my order, and said that she didn't like how saucy it was. I loved it, though. :( it can be messy to eat, but it's filled with flavor.

Look them up in their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/lataqueriaamigamia/


Oh, have I mentioned that Gourmand doesn't only contain stalls that are of food? They also offer stalls like this. Its products are scents, and scented candles. There was also a stall that sold Parols and Christmas decorations. There were many more, but dominantly, there were food stalls. :)

If you're wondering the name of this stall is, I don't know what it is, sorry! I only focused on the food stalls. :(



This was one of the stalls that made me drool: Art of Pie. Seeing the Pies they displayed made my knees weak. I mean, look at them! Plus, these Pies aren't your usual Empanadas or what. They had flavors like: Herb-Crusted Chicken Pot Pie, Smoked Salmon Caviar Pie, Banana Cream-Pie, and more. Too bad I wasn't able to get a taste, but I am so rooting for the Chicken Pot Pie! Soon, I shall order a whole Pie from them.

If you have the chance, you can check them out in their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/artofpie/
They also have an Instagram accounthttps://www.instagram.com/artofpie/


Here's a vague photo of Slurp Coffee Inc. Like Milkman Dairy Bar, I've also discovered them in Instagram beforehand. I don't recall them having other products than their Cold Brew, though.

The Cold Brew is their popular product, but they also offer Brulees and other pastries.

Have a look at their online accounts:




Bliss & Co.'s also one of the stalls that made me drool. Starting from the Lemon Cakes that were displayed, to how fresh the stall looked with all the wood used, Bliss & Co. totally got me with a bull's eye. I was able to get a free taste of the Lemon Cake, and I wanted to get more.

Check them out in their accounts:


This is the stall of Fuji Mama and they have freaking Takoyaki

Freaking.

Takoyaki.

This was also one of my regrets, because as I took this photo, it didn't even register to me that they had Takoyaki! I love Takoyaki. I italicized "love", because I really do. 
Takoyaki is love. Takoyaki is life. :(( 

So since I didn't give this stall any attention, here's their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/fujimamaconcepts/timeline feel free to cry with me in peril hahahuhu.


Here's The Baker Bros that bakes Cookies. Cookies that looked extremely yummy, especially the one that has some kind of caramel spread on top of it. Mmm!

Have a look at their Facebook page to see more of their creations: https://www.facebook.com/TheBakerBrosMNL


Look how witty this was: beside The Baker Bros, were the Fry Guys whose products were Fries. Fries that are mouthwatering. They don't offer anything else, except for those three flavors. From my observation though, its limitation didn't affect their sales. Lots of people visited their stall, and from what I've seen around the area, numbers of people ordered from them.

Check them out in their Instagram accounthttps://www.instagram.com/fryguys_ph/


Wagger is also one of the drool-worthy stalls in Gourmand. Drool-worthy, what?
Lots of people also ordered from their booth. I also wanted to buy from them, but as I was about to, they were packed with customers. I couldn't topple any of them over given my height kindness. *sigh* oh well.

but here's their Instagram account to give you an idea of their food: https://www.instagram.com/waggerkanisalad/?hl=en



The Manila Creamery offered unique Gelato flavors. I wanted to have a try first, because it was a bit pricey; but they didn't offer free tastes, so... went home with nothing. Haha! They looked delicious!



Here's a stall that offered spread products. I don't remember the name of the stall, but the green spread was delicious. :)



This is Le Jardin. A super vague photo of it, lol. Sadly, I wasn't able to focus on this stall, and I couldn't get a free taste. Based from research though, the food they offer are french-inspired. Waving at all the French-wannabes there, here's somewhere for ya! Also, Le Jardin has a restaurant of its own that's located on top of a building, overlooking the city of Manila. Fetch? Fetch.

Have a look at their:



California Crunch sells Cassava Chips with the flavors Sour Cream, and Barbeque.
Check their Facebook and Website for more details:


I didn't focus much on All Hail Kale, so I can't enlighten you about it. Also, I can't find any of their online accounts, so... sorry guys! :(


Stellina's also had a stall in Gourmand. If you're unfamiliar with Stellina's, their products are Lemonades. There's the yellow and the pink one. You can spot their products in certain local markets, convenience stores, and bakeries. Their lemonade's good. Try the pink one, I like it more than the yellow one. :)

See more of them here:




Now there was this stall that offered these food. The Elote and the Torta. From what I've observed, they received many orders, so it must've been delicious! Too bad I can't find them anywhere online; and I can't recall their name. :(


My impression of the Melt Collective was that they offered breakfast food. Aside from food that consists mainly of bread, they also have grilled cheese. They even have their own version of Elote. :) I think people would love eating their food alot more when it's daytime.

Check them out here:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/meltcollective/timeline
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/meltcollective/



This one's H. Home and it was the only stall I saw that sold Chinese food. But boy, just looking at it made me drool. The big ones are called the Asado Pork Pao, I'm guessing that's their specialty. Aside from that, they also offer dumplings and Siomais.

They actually have a store in Paranaque. See more details in their Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hhomebygoodearth/


The Breadery, as its name says, sells bread. Different sorts of bread that seems great to munch on during sunday afternoons, or they can serve as snacks during breaks from work or school; or they can even be your new option for Christmas gifts. My photo of them isn't very clear, so maybe you could have a check at their Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/thebreadery/timeline) where you can see clearer photos of their products! :)


The Gourmet Corner sold homey food that seemed promising. Aside from loving how they covered their food, and how their food seemed to be cooked with love and care, the girl who took over their stall was so nice too. Full-on TLC right there! I actually wanted to buy from the stall, since I loved the food that was displayed. It's as if it was meant for thanksgiving or what. Examples of the food they offered were: Mushroom Truffle Cannelloni, Roast Chicken, and even Lamb Stew! I wanted to buy their food, and move to a country where there's snow and stay in a house with a chimney, and a christmas tree, and and... oh you get it. Haha!

Here's their Facebook page for your eyes to feast on: https://www.facebook.com/Gourmet-Corner-PH-924641707556285/timeline


Now this stall... is not selling anything. HAHA du'h, sam.
So yes, there are also live singers in Gourmand to keep the mood up in the place; and the performers were great. They sung jazzy and chill music. Perfect for eating dinner, and chatting with the people you're with, and just plainly having a good time. As far as I remember, this girl was singing her own, slow version of "Skyfall" from the James Bond movie.
Again, four thumbs up in the air.


Truffles & More sold all-around Truffle products. From Truffle oil to Truffle Popcorn, they've got it for you. :)
A Truffle, by the way, is a kind of Mushroom that's famous for giving out rich flavors. Most Truffle vendors are in European countries, and believe it or not, they actually profit a huge amount from it, since the demand is high. Truffles aren't only used for dishes, there's even a Chocolate Truffle too! I may not have tasted anything from their stall, but considering the demand for Truffles? This would be most certainly good.

Check out their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/trufflesandmore/timeline



Ginger's is also one of the stalls that offered homey food. I remember considering buying the Cream of Wild Mushroom Soup, but I was too full already. I can't find them online, so if you get the chance to go to other Gourmands, I hope you find them there. I hope to, when I visit Gourmand again. :)






Oh, at the corner of all the fuss was a Nestea Mocktail truck that showcased their new flavor called Cranberry Cosmopolitan. It was actually good! I actually drank 3 cups from their free taste. Hehehe oops, TMI.



You know what sucks other than me, not being able to order from here? It's not getting the name of this stall! I mean, come on. Look at how good that is, and how good it would've tasted. :((( so here's me just telling you that there's this magnificent stall in Gourmand that I wasn't able to take note of, and here's me showing you my regrets, huhu. Sorry again, guys!


Along with that stall is a bunch of Bagnets. There's even an Ilocos Bagnet that's actually good, coming from a girl who's been to Ilocos.
To other people who've eaten Bagnets from Ilocos, ya feel me?




Hawaiian BBQ also had a stall there. They have restaurants in Tagaytay and Boracay. Boy, are you gonna love the ribs! I've eaten in their Tagaytay branch, and their ribs are absolutely delicious. Even their Calamari's good! This, I highly recommend for you guys. It'll be so worth it to eat! :)

Check out their Facebook account here: https://www.facebook.com/The-Original-Hawaiian-BBQ-267854446751020/


And that sums up Gourmand! It was such an adventurous trip for me, and I'd gladly visit their next events anytime (as long as I've got money, that is). I hope you check out the links I gave, and I hope you check out Gourmand yourself! If you're up for other events similar to Gourmand, there are two upcoming ones: The Organic Market at Burgos Park & The Mandala Park Holiday Market at Shaw Boulevard.

Happy foodtripping, guys! 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe