Ginza Bairin, Glorietta 2, Makati, Philippines

Friday, December 18, 2015



Sing the following line with Spongebob Squarepants' opening theme:
Great Japanese food here in the Philippines-- GIN-ZA BAI-RIN

Hehehe okay, I'll stop. :((

But I swear, you guys! If you're up for Japanese food that offers greatly cooked meat with meals that can come along with refillable salad, side dishes, and fruits-- this is your place. ;)

The branch we ate in is located at Glorietta 2's Ground Floor along palm drive, Ayala center. At Makati, Metro Manila.





Ginza Bairin was introduced to me by my big brother who lives in Makati. He said that when he and his wife strolls along the area, and have nowhere new to eat, they always decide to dine there.



I'm not sure about the other branches, but the one we ate in isn't huge. It probably offered seats for 30-35 people.

Ginza Bairin is located on the outside portion of the mall, so you have to explore the sidewalk of the mall to find it. The restaurant's near an entrance, so it might be easy for you to spot it. :)




Here was the view from the door inside the restaurant.

Before I head on to showing you what my family and I ordered, here are pictures of their menu. :)

Please do excuse the unequal focusing! I was able to borrow my brother's SLR, but he didn't bring his other lens that could equalize the focus. I could have used my phone, but I wanted to use the SLR so bad because it gives off better quality. :)

















Honestly, I hate looking at the photos over and over again, because I start craving for their food. Aaand, I'm craving for it now huhu. I wanted to order so many from their menu that day, but of course, we won't be able to finish them all. So we ordered set meals for each of us!

Before our orders arrived, they gave us a bowl of Sesame Seeds that came with a wooden Pestle.


They said it's meant to be mixed with the sauce that will be included in the sets we ordered. Grounding the seeds is optional though. If you like your seeds untouched and whole, leave them be. If you like them thoroughly crushed, you are already given the weapon to do so. ;) I planned to have half of them crushed, and the other half untouched just so I can see the difference with the taste. However, once I had started the process of crushing the seeds... I just couldn't stop. It. was. so. addicting.


My brother ordered the Special Katsudon Set that costs P395. The set consists of the Katsudon bowl itself;


The sauce I mentioned that's to be mixed with the seeds;


A side dish that's somehow similar to the Filipino side dish called Atsara;


A cup of Miso Soup;


And a small "plate" of fruits. That day, the fruits they offered were either Pineapple or Watermelon. Not sure if the fruits vary per day. :) The sets also come with a bowl of thinly sliced Cabbage that tasted heavenly with the dressings they have.

OH, and get a load of this: everything except from the main dish in the set is refillable!! *throws confetti everywhere* 


I kept refilling my bowl of Cabbages, because I really loved it! The dressing suited my taste. It wasn't sweet, and it wasn't really sour. The dressing I'm talking about is the Roasted Sesame Dressing, and the darker-colored one is the Wasabi Shoyu Dressing. Argh, craving!



Are you craving for it now? Haha! Anyway, my brother loved the Special Katsudon so much. He said it was truly the best dish there. Aside from the egg on top, the bowl also has pork cuts, and some rice. Tummy-filling, indeed!



The rest of the family's orders were the Hire Katsu Set that costs P345 for 3 fillets (my order), and P395 for 4 fillets. It's Pork Tenderloin, so it didn't contain fat at all. I mean the physical fat, not the content! Lol. So the dish was perfect for me, since I despise the texture of fats. If you're the same, this dish is for you too! You'll love it! :)

By the way, the Hire Katsu Set comes with a bowl of rice that's refillable as well. The Special Katsu doesn't offer a separate one anymore, since it's part of their main dish already. :)





After a couple of refills and empty dishes later, our bellies had been stuffed. I guarantee that the set meals of Ginza are Sulit or are worth it. Considering the quality of the food, and the side dishes being refillable? Totally worth it. :)

I hope you give this Japanese resto a try, because I would certainly go back for more. 
If you want to contact them, here's their telephone number: 553-7350.

'till my next post! :)




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe