The Frazzled Cook, Scout Gandia, Tomas Morato, Philippines

Tuesday, December 29, 2015


This restaurant has been the most random I've ever been into. The designs per area were unpredictable! At one side, there's a touch of India; then on its wall is a collection of Chinese, waving gold cats.

You can find the branch we ate in at Scout Gandia, Tomas Morato, Quezon City, Philippines! :)










The Frazzled Cook is situated at a silent part of Tomas Morato. It's at Scout Gandia, which we even failed to locate in a span of 10 minutes. The street wasn't easy to spot, since it was nighttime and the street is at the corner of Tomas Morato. Here's a tip when looking for it: when you see "Amber's", head straight to the direction away from the circle, and there you'll find Scout Gandia. The street was like one of the humble areas of Tomas Morato.

Well, if you have a look at how the Frazzled Cook looks, it doesn't appear to be a place of partying, and chugging anyway. So... I guess they've chosen a perfect place for the restaurant. Haha!



The restaurant's theme is of different cultures. One wall's Parisian, the other, Victorian; and so on and so forth. If you've noticed, even the chairs aren't in uniform. Whether it's by design, or size, the chairs were all different from one another.


This was the room we reserved, and it can fit 15 people! I honestly love how they made the private rooms at the sides of the main area. It's like giving the customers who are eating in the main area a peek at the private rooms.

...Which actually contradicts the purpose of private rooms. HAHA.





This was how our room, and table looked like. :)
Take note of the waving-gold-cats-wall. Haha!


Here's another random something in this pretty random restaurant! Some of their spoons have faint Hello Kitty prints on them. So cute, right!?

Now, before I head on to what we ordered, here are pictures of the menu!















Our orders that arrived first were the Herbed Chicken Salad, the Paella Negra, and the Seafood Paella.

The Chicken Salad was good. I didn't find anything different about it, except for the chunks of Chicken that tasted great!

The Seafood Paella tasted pretty much the same as the regular Paella Valenciana. Not complaining, though; because who doesn't like Paella Valencianas with extra flavor?!


The Paella Negra though, was my absolute favorite among all our orders! The flavor was on point, and adding the white sauce (the picture below this paragraph) made the whole thing 5x better. I think I was even the one who finished the whole plate of Paella Negra... but no ragrets here! 
Belly's stuffed, and tongue's super satisfied!



Speaking of tongues, this was the Lengua with Mushroom and Corn. Before I head on to describing my experience with the Lengua, one thing you have to know about the Frazzled Cook is that their Mashed Potatoes are delicious. By 'delicious' I mean that the texture is perfect, and that the flavor is just right. So look out for their Mashed Potatoes! They'll leave you starry-eyed.
The Lengua itself was actually delicious too. It was soft, and the sauce matched greatly.


This was the Spicy Lamb Stew. Like the Lengua, it was delicious. The meat was so soft, and the sauce was filled with flavor. I can't point out how the fries went along with the stew considering they aren't in the same 'stereotype' (fries= fastfood, casual eating; stew= dinner, fancy), but it went along fine. I mean, you don't spoon and fork the fries, right? Do you??
but munching on the fries while eating the Lamb Stew with the Paella wasn't bad. Atleast, not as bad as I thought it would be. Sorry fry-natics!

Lesson learned: Fries are the most flexible food beings in the world of food.


This was the BBQ Beef Short Ribs. I'm not a fan of Barbeque, Barbeque sauce, and most Barbequed things in particular... but this was alright. The people I was with loved it. They said it was really good. I don't disagree, though. My opinions on it could have been biased due to my lack of interest in Barbeque, but I still appreciated the flavor, and the softness of the meat.


Here's the Pizza Caprese. It's actually a dry pizza when served, but it comes along with a sauce that's oil in state, but with some kind of flavor. It's the one on the upper-left corner of the picture. When you've added the oil to the pizza, it turns out really good. For me, this is a must order in the Frazzled Cook. It doesn't taste like the usual pizza, so it's really worth the try.


This was the Wagyu Salpicao. Like the Lamb Stew, it came with Fries and some veggies as well. This tasted good too; but in my opinion, the Lamb Stew tasted better. Also, the Salpicao seemed as if it was really meant to be matched with rice. So the fries didn't match well with it.


 And this was our dessert: the Pancake Ala Mode, and it was yuuummy! It was the only dessert we ordered though, so I can't compare it to the others. But I surely loved this one! The pancake was extra fluffy, and the melted ice cream, along with the syrup seemed as if it blended with the pancake. It was great! It's also a best seller, so I guess it's really a must-try :)



My trip to the frazzled cook was really fun! It was an adventurous meal, and experience for me. If I could, I would try dining in the different rooms there just to know the difference of the feel in each room. Sadly, my wallet is mere mortal. And as of now, it's dead. HAHA.

So anyway, I hope you enjoyed this post! Catch my other foodie experiences on my next entries! :)
Belated Merry Christmas, everyone! Happy Holidays!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe