The Bunny Baker Cafe, New Manila, Quezon City

Tuesday, June 02, 2015




The Bunny Baker Cafe is located near Tomas Morato (if that helps), and it's on the third floor of the new Dona Hemady Square of the Dona Hemady Street; and it is such a cute cafe.
Before everything, the kid in the picture above is my nephew, Grant. And just last month, he participated in the cafe's kiddie crew. If you're interested in reading about the kiddie crew, it'll be near the end of the post. For now, I'll be talking about the cafe itself. :)

What I love with the cafe is its ambiance. Especially its color scheme. It's all pastel. I was able to enter the baking and cooking room, and it's also pastel. Plus, they have these cutting and baking equipment that look as if they were from a play-doh pack. How cute is that, right?



How the cafe looks like from outside. Excuse the kids, my nephew + the stage lola a.k.a. my mom.










The place is a bit small, but they're new, so I guess it's reasonable.
Have you noticed the origami lamp and the fork and spoon?



and the bunny chairs?


Some say, when they've seen the pictures, that they think it's a bit too much. Like rainbows and unicorns too much, but honestly? It's really homey. They don't play cutesy, irritating songs (like gwiyomi, and such. yes, I find gwiyomi irritating huhu), and they don't have some kawaii routine that go with it. It's like the only thing they've made special (casting aside the food) or different is the ambiance, and they treat the rest normally. Plus, it's very cozy there with the smell of cake dough and cupcakes.

Alright, now, we'll talk about the food! Here's the menu:



If you're up for practically eating anything for lunch, you might enjoy this place. However, your pockets might not lol; but if you're looking for a unique meal or something to really critique on, this is probably not your place. For me, the food is really simple. Still satisfying, though! What you should taste are their desserts. The cupcakes were great!


First thing we ordered was the Caesar Salad. I loved this one alot because it was sprinkled with Cheese. Also... BACON. <3 Bacon is life, guys!


Then we ordered the Pumpkin soup. It tasted pretty much how other Pumpkin soups do; but again, what I love about this is the Bacon. :>


My parents ordered the Blackened Pork Chops, but they weren't satisfied with it.


I ordered the Spicy Shrimp and Tomato pasta which I loved most of all. It was really good. I loved how juicy it was.


This was the Adobo Flakes. My sister said it was satisfying, but not the kind that would "wow" you.

That's pretty much it! The place was pricey, so we didn't order much. *insert emoji that's crying while laughing*

So that ends the food and restaurant bit of this post; but this is the part when the Kiddie Crew comes in. I think my nephew attended three sessions? I'm not sure if it was the total sessions per week, but after completing the sessions, the kids get to have these certificates; and if the kid's (the parents, rather) still interested in joining the Kiddie Crew, the parents have to pay the same amount for another week. :)



I think my nephew loved the sessions alot. Especially with their tools looking like plastic ones from play-dohs. I think most of the kids enjoyed, and I actually think it's worth trying for kids. The cafe had complete tools like knives that weren't sharp enough to cut the kids, pastel-colored fondants, and all; they have this breaktime that's much like recess wherein they get food, and they're able to eat what they baked or formed in the kitchen; and the whole thing was properly organized. The owners who were a couple, was also really friendly with the kids. They entertain each kid, and they even had papers with cartoon instructions that were taped on the kitchen walls. The place had a great atmosphere.
For the kids, and the customers.


That ends my post. Try visiting The Bunny Baker Cafe!

Till my next post! ;)



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe